Daniel Kell was born in Warren, PA and raised in Jamestown, NY, a graduate of Jamestown High School in 1979. He enlisted in the United States Marine Corps on September 27, 1979, taking basic training at Parris Island, SC.
I have proudly served our county as a veteran of the Marine Corps from 1979 to 2001, I served 23 years retiring on September 30, 2001. I’ve attended Advanced Personnel Administrative Course, NCO Academy, SNCO Academy and Advanced SNCO Academy in Quantico, VA. Personal Awards include Meritorious Service Medal, 2 Navy Commendation Medals, 4 Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals, 7 Good Conduct Medals, National Defense Service Medal, Southwest Asia Service Medal w/2 stars, Kuwait Liberation Medal and attaining the Rank of Master Sergeant.
My eligibility for the Veterans of Foreign Wars is from my service in the United States Marine Corps from August 1990 to March 1991 serving in Operation Desert Storm/Desert Shield. In August 2001 I joined VFW Post 53 in Jamestown, NY becoming a Life Member. Among my many accomplishments are:
· Surgeon for Department of New York 2018-2019 & 2020-2021
· Student Veterans Association Chairman
· Membership vice Chairman
· Legislative Committee
· Credential Committee
· 6th District Commander VFW from 2011-2012
· Chautauqua County Commander 2007-2008 & 2015-2016
· VFW Post 53 Commander 2004-2006 & 2014
In addition to the Veterans of Foreign Wars I am a member of the following organizations:
· American Legion Henry Mosier Post 638 serving as commander from 2017-2019
· Life Associate member of Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 865
· Life member of Veterans of Modern Warfare
I have a Daughter and a Son, 6 Grandchildren, Great Granddaughter and great grandson who live in Chesapeake Virginia.